John Innes No 1 Young Plant Compost 30L
- Gives young plants the best start in life
- Feeds for four weeks
- Encourages healthy growth
- Develops stronger roots
- Sizes 30L
Westland John Innes No. 1 Young Plant Compost, a loam based compost which is a naturally reduced peat mix, is specifically designed to establish young seedlings and plants. Westland John Innes Seed Sowing Compost is the best choice for young plants.
• Contains a carefully balanced nutrient content to suit young plants
• Easy to water and re-wet.
• High loam content acts as a buffer for nutrients
• Heavy compost to stabilise small pots and containers.
• Keep compost moist NEVER allow to dry out.
• Water carefully using a watering can with a fine rose.
• Do not overfeed.
Handy Gardening Tips
• Store in a frost free place and away from weedkillers and other garden chemicals.
• Re-seal bag after use.
How to use
First, put on a pair of gloves and rework compost between your hands, so it regains its intended texture. Then you’re all set.
• Fill pot with John Innes No.1 Young Plant Compost, water and allow to drain.
• Prick out seedlings when they are large enough to handle.
• Hold seedling by the leaves to avoid damage and tease roots out using a dibber or pencil.
• Place the seedlings in a small hole, making sure that the roots are not exposed and gently fill in with compost.
• Place the seedlings on a windowsill or in a greenhouse out of direct sunlight.
• Feed seedlings after four weeks depending on the growing season.
• When the plant has out grown the container, pot on using John Innes No.2 Potting-on Compost.