Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost 30L
Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost is a unique compost that has been specifically developed to ensure perfect growing conditions for seed germination as well as seedling and cutting establishment. The formula contains a fine grade Vermiculite, a naturally occurring substance that aids in drainage and aeration as well as plant extracts that stimulate young seeds and cuttings to produce strong, healthy seedlings and growth.
- Improves germination by 25% for the best start*
- Super fine grade
- Improved aeration & drainage
- Seaweed & nutrients for healthy growth
- *When trialled with standard seed & cutting compost and standard seed
- Size 30L
How do I use it?
First put on a pair of gloves and rework the compost between your hands to reconstitute. Then you're all set.
• Place compost in a tray or pot and fill to just below the rim.
• Tap down the compost with a board or level tool to give a flat even surface.
• Water the compost thoroughly and allow to drain. Sow the seeds evenly over the whole surface.
• Cover the seeds evenly with a thin layer of compost and water using a watering can with a fine rose.
• Ensure the compost is kept moist by covering the seeds with a thin layer of polythene or a sheet of glass until the seeds have germinated.
• Keep seeds out of direct sunlight.
What is in Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost?
• Fine grade compost ensuring close seed contact for swift, successful seed germination.
• Added Vermiculite which improves drainage and aeration.
• Unique blend of plant extracts to stimulate strong seed germination and cutting growth.
Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost contains sufficient nutrients for the seedlings to grow until they are ready for pricking out. This usually takes 3-4 weeks.
• When the seedlings are large enough to handle, remove them from the seed tray with a dibber or pencil and place into pots or trays of Gro-Sure All Purpose Compost.
- Take the cutting by making a sloping cut, with a sharp knife, in the stem and removing all of the bottom leaves.
- To encourage rooting, dip the end of the cutting into a hormone rooting powder.
- Fill pot/tray with compost and water well.
- Making a hole in the compost with a pencil/dibber, place the cutting into the hole and gently firm the compost around it, ensuring good contact of the compost with the submerged cutting.
- Water thoroughly
Do not place cuttings too close together. Place polythene or glass over the pot/tray to reduce moisture loss, ensuring the leaves do not touch. Place in a warm environment, out of direct sunlight until the cuttings have taken.
Keep compost moist, never allow to dry out. Water using a watering can with a fine rose.