Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure 50L
Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure is a rich organic compost ideal for use all around the garden. Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure is perfect for mulching, planting and soil conditioning. Perfect for flowers, fruit & vegetables, as well as roses, trees and shrubs.
- Perfect soil conditioner
- Rich source of organic matter
- Produces higher crop yields and abundant blooms
- Size 50L
What makes Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure so special?
Breaks down naturally in the soil, releasing nutrients as well as providing a rich, natural source of organic matter and humus. Essential for the development of healthy plants, fruits and vegetables.
How do I use it?
First put on a pair of gloves and spread the manure in a layer 5-8cm deep across the soil surface.
Veg Plots and Allotments
• Use Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure when preparing vegetable beds in the spring and autumn.
• Add a generous amount to the bottom of the trench when digging. This will help improve soil structure and boost nutrient levels.
Top tip - Once the vegetables have emerged or established feed with a granular feed such as Westland Organic Chicken Manure Pellets.
Planting roses, trees and shrubs
• Dig the planting hole larger than the root ball
• Mix in one part Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure to two parts soil.
• Use this mixture to line the planting hole and to fill in around the roots.
Top tip - Use a granular plant food such as Westland Rose Food to ensure plants are maintained and fed throughout the growing season.
• Spread an even layer of 5-8cm deep over the soil and fork to a depth of 15-20cm.
• On light sandy soils this application will help retain moisture and improve the organic matter content of the soil.
• Use as a mulch on herbaceous and shrub borders, by spreading a layer 5-8cm deep between plants. This will help feed, retain moisture and protect plant roots from the effects of frost and heat and will also surpress weed growth.
• When preparing the ground for laying new lawns, or for laying turf, spread a layer of Gro-Sure Farmyard Manure 5-8cm deep across the whole area.
• Dig in the top 15cm into the soil to improve drainage in heavy soils and to retain moisture and provide nutrients for the establishing lawn.